Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Cupcake Disaster


I have never had so much trouble baking cupcakes. It was my son's birthday last month so we were taking cupcakes to school to share with his class to celebrate his 6th birthday! I can't believe he is all ready 6. He wanted chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting, no big deal cupcakes are easy to make! So we made some chocolate cupcakes and put them in the oven. I wasn't sure why, but they burned. We decided to try agian with a yellow cake mix, because I didn't have any more chocolate. This time I set the timer for less time than I thought they needed. This time they looked like volcano's! They cooked around the edges and then started to bubble up in the center like a volcano. These first two batches I had used a different brand than I normally do so I was sure it was something wrong with the batter. We tried one more time! This time I was sure they would come out just fine. I went back to the brand I normally use and set the timer for 10 minutes (they normally take 18 to 22 minutes). The timer went off and I went to take them out of the oven and they were burned. I came to the conclusion that my oven is broken! I think the problem is that it can not regulate its temperature, it just keeps getting hotter and hotter. I was beginning to think that the problem was me! So my son decided he wanted to bring No Bake Cookies (don't need the oven for that!). Here is my recipe for No Bake Cookies:


2 TB butter
1/2 cup milk
2 TB cocoa
2 cups sugar

Place ingredients in a pot mix together and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add 3/4 cup peanut butter and 1tsp of vanilla. Mix until peanut butter is melted than add 2 cups of quick oats. Mix together and drop by spoonful onto wax's paper or foil.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...