Friday, December 26, 2008

Caramel


This year I decided to make caramel for Christmas. It was my first time and if I do say so myself it was really good! It took a while to cook, about 45 minutes.It was really easy to make and my kid thought it was neat to make our own candy!
2cups white sugar
1 1/2 cups corn syrup
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract


Directions
1 Butter a 9x13 inch dish.
2 In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, 1 cup
cream and butter. Bring to a boil, stirring often, then
stir in remaining 1 cup cream. Heat, without stirring, to
242 degrees F (116 degrees C), or until a small amount of
syrup dropped into cold water forms a firm but pliable ball.
Remove from heat, stir in vanilla, and pour into
prepared dish. Refrigerate.
3 When cool, return candies to room temperature then cut
into 1 inch squares and wrap in waxed paper.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...