This is the chili recipe I used when everyone was over for "Apple's" Baptism. It is very easy to make, but you do have to plan ahead. I got this from cousin Andreas blog, Thanks Andrea!
3 cups dry pinto beans (I used a combination of pinto, black and kidney)
1 Bay leaf
2 teaspoons salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 8oz. Can tomato paste
1 15oz. Can stewed tomatoes, drained
¼ Cup chili powder
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1. Soak dry pinto beans in water overnight. Drain.
2. Place soaked beans in water. Cover with water.
3. Add: 1 Bay leaf, 2 teaspoons salt, ½ teaspoon garlic powder
4. Cook 8 hours on low.
5. Cook 1lb. Hamburger until no longer pink. Skim off fat. Add 1 large,
chopped onion. Pour into beans.
6. Add: 1 8oz. Can tomato paste, 1 15oz. Can stewed tomatoes, drained,
¼ Cup chili powder, 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
7. Cook until hot and thickened.