Friday, March 20, 2009

Corn Dog Muffins



When I first saw this recipe I didn't think it sounded very good. Why I decided to try it I don't know. It was surprisingly good! I really liked them. My son will eat them but my daughter is a little more pick. She likes them separate. Here is the recipe.

1 1/2 cups flour
2/3 cups sugar
1/2 cup corn meal
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cup milk
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil
3 Tablespoons butter

Combine flour, sugar, corn meal, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and mix. Combine milk, eggs, oil and butter in a small bowl and mix well.


Add 1 cup of cheese. The recipe says to use 9 hot dogs cut in half and stick them in the middle of the muffin. I like to cut up the hot dog and mix it in the batter and I do not use 9 hot dogs.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. lightly grease muffin tins. fill muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake for 14 to 18 minutes. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Supercool Hotmama said...

I agree! I though it was kind of a gross concept. Until we tried them! My kids love them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...